P2P flyer winter 2020
November is National Family Caregivers Month:
- NAMI has a mental health family caregiver manual which can be downloaded here.
- Download the MHA Caregiver’s Toolkit. It includes fact sheets, key messages, posters and much more.
Health Insurance Open Enrollment is November 1st – December 15th
Do you have mental health coverage? Buy a plan that is required to cover mental health services and more by visiting HealthCare.gov before Dec. 15. You can see if you qualify for subsidies, review your plan options, enroll in a new plan or change your existing coverage. #GetCovered today!
Thank you for your support in making
Boscov’s Friends Helping Friends Day on October 16th a Success! We raised over $300 for NAMI Berks County PA!
Letters to Strangers is a global youth-run organization seeking to destigmatize mental illness. Founder Diana Chao shared her story and strategies to improve mental wellbeing at Kutztown University on October 16th.
*In case you missed seeing her at KU, here is Diana’s TEDxTeen Talk:
“Adopt a Highway” Clean-up Day October 12th!🌎
THANK YOU to all who volunteered for our 2nd “Adopt a Highway” Route 61/Centre Avenue clean-up day on October 12th! Our next clean-up day will be spring 2020. Thanks to Denise Zimmerman for organizing this event!
Thank you to the Presenters at our Public Mental Health Education Series Presentation held at McGlynn Conference Center, Alvernia University
Thursday September 26, 7:00pm
Getting Mental Health Care in Berks
Edward B. Michalik, Psy.D., Berks County MH/DD Administrator and Executive Director, Area Agency on Aging
Lydia Singley, Berks County HealthChoices Program Director
Amy Groh, Service Access & Management Director of Crisis Services
How Do You Access Mental Health Care in Berks County?
- The Role of Family
- Who Are the Providers
- How Are Providers Accessed
- The Role of Insurance Coverage
- Availability of Entitled Coverage
- Who Are the Decision Makers Determining Care
Thank you to Lloyd Wertz for the presentation on Self and Community Advocacy!
Free Public Mental Health Education Series Presentation held at McGlynn Conference Center, Alvernia University
Tuesday June 25, 7:00pm
Self and Community Advocacy -Why Bother?
NAMI Berks June 25 Speaker Event flyer
Lloyd G. Wertz, M.S.
Vice President, Policy and Program
Family Training and Advocacy Center
What is the safety net when the safety net fails?
- What Services are Essential to support the Seriously Mentally Ill Consumer?
- Treatment in the Corrections System
- Mental Health Community Programs
- Tools of Advocacy
- Creating Legislative Relationships
- Essential Learning – the Advocate Toolbox