Our next 12 session Family-to-Family Education Program will be held Tuesday evenings this fall, from September 3rd to November 19, 2019, from 6:30-9:00pm at Calvary UCC, 640 Centre Avenue, Reading PA 19601. Contact us at 610-685-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the class.
NAMI F2F Flyer fall 2019
- Free 12-session education program for persons 18 years of age and older who have family members or significant others living with mental illness.
- Designed to help all family members understand and support their loved one living with mental illness, while maintaining their own well-being.
- Information on illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression and other mental health conditions.
- Program is taught by trained teachers who are also family members.
Watch NAMI Family-to-Family Video
Thank you to Lloyd Wertz for the presentation on Self and Community Advocacy!
Free Public Mental Health Education Series Presentation held at McGlynn Conference Center, Alvernia University
Tuesday June 25, 7:00pm
Self and Community Advocacy -Why Bother?
NAMI Berks June 25 Speaker Event flyer
Lloyd G. Wertz, M.S.
Vice President, Policy and Program
Family Training and Advocacy Center
What is the safety net when the safety net fails?
- What Services are Essential to support the Seriously Mentally Ill Consumer?
- Treatment in the Corrections System
- Mental Health Community Programs
- Tools of Advocacy
- Creating Legislative Relationships
- Essential Learning – the Advocate Toolbox
“Adopt a Highway” Clean-up Day on June 1st a Success! 🌎
THANK YOU to all who volunteered for our first “Adopt a Highway” clean-up day on June 1st! We picked up litter from Calvary Reformed UCC (where our NAMI office is located) at 640 Centre Avenue, Reading, and up Route 61 about 2 miles, beyond First Energy Stadium to the Route 12 intersection. We enjoyed a pizza lunch afterwards at Calvary UCC.
Thanks to Denise Zimmerman for organizing the event! Adopting the roadway near the NAMI office will increase our visibility in the community! Watch for the NAMI Berks County Adopt-A-Highway sign from PennDOT!